Friday, March 13, 2015

LTdL 2015: Mohd Adiq Husainie Satisfied With Third Place In Fifth Stage

KUANTAN, March 12 (Bernama) -- Terengganu Cycling Team (TSG) rider Mohd Adiq Husainie Othman is satisfied with his third place in the fifth stage of Le Tour de Langkawi (LTdL) 2015 from Kuala Terengganu to Kuantan ( a distance of 200km), today.

He is the second Malaysian rider to have reached the podium after his teammate, Anuar Manan finished third in the first stage of LTdL in Langkawi (99.2km) last Sunday.

"I wish to say Thank You, to Loh Sea Keong from the Malaysian National Team who paved the way for me to reach the podium, without his cooperation, I would not have succeeded.

"I would also like to express my gratitude to my teammates, family and the TSG coach from France, Sebastian Duclos, who gave me words of encouragement," he told reporters after the race.

Mohd Adiq described his race momentum as quite fast today because of the slopes apart from the breakaway group which sped up on the last 25km before leaving behind the peloton group with a wide time gap.

The Kemaman-born rider is optimistic of winning back the white jersey as he among the best Asian riders, from the leader China's Zhang Wenlong of Giant-Champion System Pro team. He (Mohd Adiq) lags 11 minutes behind Zhang.

Meanwhile, Loh a senior Malaysian rider felt disappointed for failing to reached the podium even though at one point he was at a comfortable position on the last stage of the race.

"There were no mistakes in terms of strategy , maybe I was unlucky.

"I will reassess my performance to get better results later on. I expect the sixth stage will be dominated by sprinters," said Loh, who is a Kelantanese.

A total of 124 riders will competing in the sixth stage (96.6km), from Maran to Karak which involves three sprint zones in Chenor, Temerloh and Daring.

-- BERNAMA

No comments:

Post a Comment