Friday, August 08, 2014

Wee Wern Eyes Final Spot In 2014 Asian Games


KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 7 (Bernama) -- National number two women's squash player, Low Wee Wern has a lofty target in the upcoming 2014 Asian Games in South Korea, in aiming to clinch a final berth in the individual event.

The 24-year-old Penangite hoped to improve her bronze medal feat in the 2010 edition in China, noting that her main threat would come from India and Hong Kong in the 2014 edition in Incheon, beginning Sept 19.

She wants the Malaysian team to retain the gold medal the nation won in the 2010 edition and as for the singles event, she hopes to cruise into the final stage.

"I have just recovered from dengue fever and hopefully, that would be a morale booster for me to do my best in the upcoming tournament," she told reporters after the launch of Puma's new tagline, 'Forever Faster', in Kuala Lumur, Thursday.

Wee Wern said prior to the Asian Games, she would be competing in the 2014 Malaysian Open to be held at the National Squash Centre from Aug 17-23, besides the 2014 Hong Kong Open from Aug 24-31.

"I hope to cruise until the quarter-final of the Malaysian Open where I am expected to meet Egyptian world number three, Raneem El Weleily, while for the Hong Open, I hope to do the best I can," she added.

--BERNAMA

No comments:

Post a Comment