KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 13 (Bernama) -- Embattled National singles head coach Rashid Sidek has no intention of quitting the post, at least for now, despite coming under heavy criticism for the failure of the men's singles players in the Glasgow Commonwealth Games.
Despite media reports that Rashid had quit his post as the National men's singles head coach, the former international said there was much work to be done, especially with two major competitions around the corner.
Rashid said he wants to focus on preparations for the BWF World Championships in Denmark later this month and the Incheon Asian Games in South Korea next month.
"I will continue my duties and remain in the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) fold. There is a lot of work to be done...especially assisting the players to prepare for the World Championships and the Asian Games.
"As a professional I will continue my duties with full commitment. The commitment of the players and their relationship with the coaches is also good. We need to polish the skills of the players and prepare them mentally," he said when met at the Juara Stadium in Bukit Kiara, here Wednesday.
Rashid said he had already replied to a show cause letter from the BAM for his alleged statement to the media that he would withdraw from being the team leader for the badminton squad during the Glasgow Commonwealth Games.
He was also not sure whether he would be in the team for the World Championships and Asian Games because a decision has yet to be made by the BAM leadership.
Rashid's contract with BAM ends at the end of the year.