Monday, June 09, 2014

Sisters get green light from BAM

THE BA of Malaysia (BAM) have accepted the request of sisters Ng Hui Lin-Ng Hui Ern, to return to the national body.

BAM president Tengku Mahaleel Tengku Ariff, met Hui Lin, 25, yesterday to discuss the pair's future, following the completion of their three-year studies in Loughborough University, England.
"My sister and I wrote in to BAM about a month back, requesting to return to the national body, if we are good enough.

"The president then called up for a meeting, to discuss certain matters, and has given me the nod.
"BAM are now in the midst of preparing an official letter, and we should be receiving it in the next couple of days," Hui Lin said, when contacted yesterday.

Hui Lin-Hui Ern, however, may no longer be a pair and will have to undergo a six-week conditioning programme with the National Sports Institute.

"I told the president that I would like to play in both the women's and mixed doubles.
"He then explained that my sister and I may no longer be a pair, but it will depend on how we fit in the team.

"The coaches will still experiment with the players to find the best combination. I don't have an issue with that actually," added Hui Lin, who won the mixed doubles title with Lim Khim Wah at the 2007 World Junior Championships in New Zealand.

On why they chose to return to the national set-up, Hui Lin said "It will not be the same if my sister and I were to go professional here in Malaysia.

"The environment here among the players and coaches are what we need to be better players. We will be able to focus on our badminton." By Fabian Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment