Monday, May 05, 2014

‘Tengku Abdullah will take over’

JOHOR Football Association (JFA) president Tunku Ismail Sultan Ibrahim believes that the FA of Malaysia president’s post will be passed from father to son.

Tunku Ismail is not expecting any election for the president’s post at the FAM congress-cum-elections on May 24.

FAM president Sultan Ahmad Shah will defend his post after his son, Tengku Abdullah (the incumbent deputy president) and Tunku Ismail were nominated for the president’s post.

“Frankly, I am not interested in the post because I know what will happen. There will be no election and the post will be passed down from father to son,” said Tunku Ismail yesterday.

“A lot of people said Tengku Abdullah is the most suitable candidate for the post because he is very experienced and I agree with the sentiment because I am still young and have a lot to learn,” said Tunku Ismail.
“However, if he is chosen, it means that the same people will be running FAM.” said Tunku Ismail after presenting Johor Darul Ta’zim's new foreign signings Marcos António Elias Santos of Brazil and Jorge Pereyra Díaz of Argentina at Larkin Stadium to the media yesterday.

Tunku Ismail said he had no hankering for the FAM top post because his priority is the development of football in Johor.

“However, there is a nomination for me, so we will have to just see, although I already know what will happen.”

He said a lot of people in FAM do not like him and do not want him to be in FAM.
“I am a very strict person and if I was elected president, I will control everything. These people would no longer be able to make money from any ‘side businesses’," said Tunku Ismail.

Asked if he will be present at the congress, he said he could not give a definite answer. “We will see. If I’m there, I’m there.” By Rizalman Hammim

Darul Ta’zim coach Bojan Hodak (centre) with their new imports Marcos Antonio (right) and Jorge Pereyra Diaz at Larkin Stadium yesterday. Pic by Hairul Anuar Abd Rahim

Read more: ‘Tengku Abdullah will take over’ - Soccer - New Straits Times

No comments:

Post a Comment