Monday, April 21, 2014

Another Johor man in hot water

TROUBLE: Manager alleged to have punched referee

WITH the Larkin tunnel incident still unresolved, yet another Johor FA official made use of his fists after referee Shukri Abdul Rahim was punched following a Premier League match in Pasir Gudang on Friday.

Footage from TV9 showed Johor Premier League team manager On Jabbar landing a blow to Shukri’s left cheek as the match officials were making their way off the pitch.

A bruise was clearly visible as a shaken Shukri was escorted away by security personnel while a police official was seen trying to restrain On from attacking the referee again.

Johor drew 2-2 with Universiti Teknologi Mara in the match which left their promotion hopes in tatters and may even miss out on qualifying for the Malaysia Cup.

FA of Malaysia referee committee chairman Datuk Astaman Abdul Aziz was livid over the attack.
“People who can’t control their emotions and are not sporting should not be in football," said Astaman yesterday.

“Don’t be a part of football and spoil the game. This should apply to everyone. I’m very sad this happened. People should be reminded to follow the rules.”

Astaman added that Shukri has returned to Kemaman to seek medical treatment and has been advised to lodge a police report.

After the match, Johor assistant coach Azmi Mohamed, incredibly, blamed Shukri for the incident, which can be viewed on video-sharing website YouTube.

“This problem arose because of weak refereeing,” said Azmi in televised comments. “We hope that a referee can do his job as well as he can.

“This is so that these kind of incidents do not happen. This only serves to show the weakness in our football.”

FAM could ban On from all football activities for life, given that the incident was captured on camera.
This follows an earlier incident during an FA Cup match between Super League clubs Darul Ta'zim and Kuala Terengganu T-Team on Feb 1 at Larkin.

T-Team’s former player, Evaldo Goncalves, was allegedly punched by a senior Johor FA official while fitness coach Stefano Impagliazzio was kicked in the groin.
FAM has yet to charge anyone in the incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment