Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Irfan Decides To Quit T-Team And Hang Up His Boots

KUALA TERENGGANU, Feb 11 (Bernama) -- T-Team player Mohd Irfan Abdul Ghani who was in the centre of a furore between T-Team and Johor Darul Takzim (JDT) over the alleged incident at the Larkin Stadium has decided to quit T-Team.

In fact, according to a report from Johor Baharu, the player has not only decided to resign from T-Team but has also decided to hang up his boots and look for another job.

The player who held a press conference in a restaurant in Johor Baharu claimed that he had sent his resignation letter on Feb 4, and later held the Al-Quran in his hand to swear that what he said earlier was the truth.

Terengganu Football Association (TFA) president Datuk Wan Ahmad Nizam Wan Abdul Hamid confirmed that the association had received Irfan's resignation letter.

Wan Ahmad said the T-Team management were also aware of the players decision to resign while TFA would study the contents of the letter before deciding on the next course of action based on the contract that he (Irfan) had signed earlier.

"We will look at the laws governing the contract, issued by the FAM, including punishment for such offence," he told reporters here, today.

Mohd Irfan was said to have sent the letter to the T-Team management, two days ago, after reports claimed that he had gone missing while attempts to contact him were also futile.

Wan Ahmad Nizam also labelled Irfan a coward as the player had not attended a ceremony to swear upon the Al-Quran, in front of Terengganu Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Ahmad Said.

"If he had nothing to fear, he should have come to Terengganu and swear upon the Al-Quran but instead he had vacated his rented house without informing anyone. That meant he had already planned to leave and that is not a good thing to do," he said.

On Feb 1, a commotion had allegedly taken place in the tunnel of the Larkin Stadium when the players were heading to the dressing room at half-time in the second leg FA Cup match between JDT and T-team.

T-Team's Brazilian import Evaldo Rodrigues and fitness coach Stefano Impagiazzo claimed they were assaulted by a high ranking JDT official when heading to the dressing room.

The match was later abandoned when T-Team refused to resume the match.

The incident also resulted in the Football of Malaysia (FAM) awarding a 3-0 win to JDT because T-Team refused to continue the match, claiming that their safety was stake.

Both teams have since lodged police reports.

However, Irfan a player from Johor who signed for T-Team this season alleged that T-Team players were not assaulted during the commotion as alleged by T-Team's Brazilian player and fitness coach.

Irfan said during half time he heard a commotion in the players' tunnel at the Larkin Stadium but did not see anything.

The 25-year-old player claimed that he had heard about the alleged assault in T-Team's dressing room but did not notice any signs of an attack as claimed by Evaldo Rodrigues (Brazil import) and Stefano Impligazzo (fitness coach).

"From my observation I did not notice any signs indicating an assault," said the player who claimed that his decision to quit football was also to look after his ailing mother.


No comments:

Post a Comment