Friday, September 20, 2013

Wushu Exponent Hopes To Win Three Medals At Islamic Solidarity Games

KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 19 (Bernama) -- Wushu exponent Wong Weng Son has set himself a three-medal target despite making his debut at the Islamic Solidarity Games in Palembang, Indonesia next week.

The Negeri Sembilan exponent who trains under coach Lim Yew Fai said he was confident of doing well in the games that will feature 43 Muslim countries, based on the comprehensive under his coach.

Weng Son will be competing in three disciplines during the games held from Sept 22 to Oct 1.

"I have set myself a target is to win medals in Changquan, Jianshu and Qiangshu although there is no pressure from my coach. I set the target for myself to prove that I can excel in the international stage," he told Bernama on Thursday.

"I know that competition in the games will be stiff but I hope to focus on every match and by doing well, earn a place in the national elite squad after languishing in the back up squad for almost four years."

Weng Son won the gold medal in the men's Changquan event at the SUKMA hosted by Pahang in 2012.

-- BERNAMA

No comments:

Post a Comment