Thursday, May 23, 2013

"No serious injuries, I can continue riding" - Zulfahmi

PUTRAJAYA: Red Bull-KTM-Ajo's Moto3 rider Mohd Zulfahmi Khairuddin who was involved in a spectacularly crash with four laps remaining in the French Motorcycle Grand Prix at Le Mans last week, has been cleared of any serious injuries as feared initially.


The 21-year-old rider from Banting said based on medical reports from the National Sports Institute (ISN), no surgeries are needed for the injuries suffered by Zulfahmi in France or his old wrist injury.
 
"I had an x-ray taken at the ISN yesterday and thank god nothing came up. I am confident of racing again, everything is okay," he told reporters after meeting Youth and Sports Minister Khairy Jamaluddin at his office, here, today.
 
Zulfahmi who is riding for his new team, Red Bull KTM Ajo Racing Team this season, admitted that he has yet to blend with his new bike but pledged to do his best in the remaining rounds.
 
The crash saw him drop a spot to sixth in the Moto3 championship, after Team Calvo's Maverick Vinales bagged victory to strengthen his championship lead.
 
As for his meeting with Khairy, Zulfahmi said he and Sepang Circuit International (SIC) chief executive officer Datuk Ahmad Razlan Ahmad Razali had discussed development plans for motorsport in the country.
 
"I am confident that with the ministry's programmes aimed at developing motorsport, there is a bright future for the sport in the country. The development programmes have started helping young riders," said Zulfahmi. -- BERNAMA

No comments:

Post a Comment