Thursday, May 02, 2013

Naim Turns Down Offer To Contest Ocm Honorary Secretary's Post

KUALA LUMPUR, May 1 (Bernama) -- Malaysian National Cycling Federation (MNCF) deputy president Datuk Naim Mohamed today reiterated his stand to not contest the Olympic Council of Malaysia (OCM) Honorary Secretary's post during its Annual General Meeting (AGM) on June 22.

The post is being held by Datuk Sieh Kok Chi since 1992.

Naim said Sieh had approached him to be a candidate for the post but he stands firm by his decision to not contest.

"I have no other ambition, especially posts in the OCM, except to represent my federation (MNCF) and to look after the interest of cycling in the OCM family.

"When required to perform other tasks by OCM and help Malaysian Sports in general, I do it to the best of my ability," he said in a statement Wednesday.

Naim said he was very honoured and privileged to have been entrusted to become the Chef-de-Mission for the Junior Commonwealth Games in 2004 and 2011 SEA Games in Indonesia.

"I am happy to be able to participate in some of OCM's events, media and rating's committee and also serving in the task force and I don't want positions in sport organisations, but when I am requested to do so like cycling and given the mandate, I try to do my best.

"Even in the MNCF, I have given notice that I will serve out my last term and will not offer myself to be nominated in the next election," Naim said.

Naim also voiced his satisfaction with the development of cycling sports in Malaysia due to great leadership in the MNCF under several prominent sports administrators like Tan Sri Elyas Omar, Tan Sri Darshan Singh and currently Datuk Abu Samah Abd Wahab.

"We have brought cycling to where it is now with the support of the Government (Federal, State and District), National Sports Council (NSC), National Sports Institute (ISN), all sponsors, the electronic and print media and the private sector and also individuals," Naim said.

--BERNAMA

No comments:

Post a Comment